How can I find the best deal?
When doing your comparison shopping for lenders consider that lenders can structure financing in many ways:
- Charge higher fees, and offer a low interest rate.
- Charge a higher interest rate with lower fees.
- Ask each lender what their interest rate is for a zero discount point loan that’s based on a 30-day or 60-day lock period.
- Ask each lender what they charge for an origination fee.
- Ask each lender what they typically charge for a loan, i.e. fees for brokers, processing, underwriting, etc.
Our user-friendly calculator puts you in charge of estimating your mortgage payment.Information and interactive calculators are made available to you as self-help tools for your independent use and are not intended to provide investment advice. We cannot and do not guarantee their applicability or accuracy in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and are for illustrative purposes. We encourage you to seek personalized advice from qualified professionals regarding all personal finance issues.